Bunte Finken German Pork Vegetable Soup
|Dried navy beans||1⁄2 Pound|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Lean pork/Lean ham||1 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||4 , cut into 1/2 x 1-inch strips|
|Parsnips/Small turnips||4 , cubed|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, cubed|
|Frozen green beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), Defrosted|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a slow cooker, soak beans in water overnight.
2) Do not drain the water.
3) Place pork or ham and salt.
4) Put the lid on and cook over high heat for 1 or 2 hours until beans are tender.
5) Stir in carrots, parsnip, onions and potatoes.
6) Put the lid on and simmer for 5 or 6 hours until beans are tender.
7) Mix in the green beans just 10 minutes before finishing the cooking.
8) Serve hot in a large bowl, sprinkled with parsley.