Lemon, Ricotta, and Thyme Spaetzle
|Ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , zested|
|Fresh thyme||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a pot, heat water and bring to boil.
2. Pull thyme leaves from the sprig and chop finely.
3. In a bowl, break the eggs, add in ricotta cheese, lemon zest and ½ of the thyme, and whisk all the ingredients together.
4. Add in salt, pepper and flour, and whisk until well mixed.
5. While still whisking add in little water at a time make the batter with pancake consistency.
6. Place a colander over the pot of boiling water, put the batter in colander in small batches and push it down with a spatula, allow to cook until the batter floats on the surface.
7. Using a perforated ladle, drain the spaetzle and place it in a bowl.
8. Repeat the process for remaining batter.
9. In a pan, melt the butter, over high heat, and as the butter starts to turn brown, add in the spaetzle, salt and remaining thyme and stir well to coat.
10. Serve hot as desired.
You can also use spaetzle maker, instead of colander.
Calories 433 Calories from Fat 199
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.7%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 267 mg89%
Sodium 189.6 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 18 g36.6%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 12.6%
Calcium 17.3% Iron 20%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet