Sweet Sour Cabbage
Onion - 1/2 cup chopped
Condensed chicken broth - 1 can (10 3/4 ounces)
Wine vinegar - 1/3 cup
Sugar - 2 tablespoons
Tart apples - 3 cups, thinly sliced
Bay leaf - 1 medium
Red cabbage - 7 cups, shredded
Cornstarch - 1 tablespoon
Water - 2 tablespoons
Pepper and salt to taste
1) Take a skillet and cook bacon in it. Remove from heat and crumble.
2) In the same skillet cook onions in the bacon drippings.
3) Stir in vinegar, sugar, pepper, salt and broth. Also, add apple and bay leaf.
4) Bring the ingredients to a boil and then add cabbage. Cook over medium heat for 45 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
5) In the meanwhile, take a small bowl and combine cornstarch with water. Stir this mixture into the skillet and cook, stirring until slightly thickened.
6) Remove bay leaf and garnish with bacon.