Almond Bavarian Cream With Kiwi Fruits
|Skim milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), divided|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), chilled|
1) In the top of a double boiler, beat the skim milk and egg yolks together.
2) Sprinkle gelatin over the yolk mixture and allow to soften for 5 minutes.
3) Set over a pan with hot water, add 2 tablespoons of honey, then stir constantly and cook, until the gelatin is dissolved.
4) Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and almond extracts.
5) Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, until thickened, then whisk slightly to smoothen.
6) In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy.
7) Drizzle in rest of the honey and cream of tartar, beat until stiff peaks form.
8) Fold egg whites into the gelatin mixture.
9) In a chilled medium-size bowl, beat the evaporated skim milk until it appers like whipped cream.
10) Fold into the gelatin mixture, mix thoroughly.
11) In a wet 8 cup mold, turn the mixture and refrigerate until set.
12) Unmold on a serving platter, garnish with the kiwi slices, if desired and serve the Almond Bavarian Cream with Kiwi Fruits immediately.