1. Pat dry the tail and cut into neat joints.
2. Prepare the vegetables.
3. In a saucepan boil water and blanch the joints in it.
4. Add the vegetable into the pan with the joints.
5. Mix mace and seasonings in it.
6. Pour stock or water over it to cover and bring to the boil.
7. Skim the fat from the top and cover the pan.
8. Decrease heat and cook over simmering heat for 2-3 hrs.
9. Let stand for a night to cool.
10. Skim out the fat from surface and bring to boil again.
11. Cook over simmering heat for 2 hrs.
12. In a bowl mix flour with little water.
13. Add the mixture to the stew and boil for 3-5 mins.
14. Adjust seasoning and colour.
15. Serve hot.