Baked Spareribs with Sauerkraut
|Spareribs||4 Pound, cut into serving -size pieces|
|Condensed onion soup||10 Ounce|
|Sauerkraut||27 Ounce, drained|
|Apple||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded|
|Caraway seed||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Sprinkle pepper over spareribs and arrange them such that the fat faces the shallow baking pan ( 14 X 10 X 2 inches).
3. Bake for about 1 ½ hours and turn it once during the cooking period.
4. Take the ribs and drain off excess fat.
5. Take a bowl and combine condensed onion soup, sauerkraut, apple and caraway seed in pan and arrange cooked ribs on its top.
6. Bake the mixture for about an hour and half.
7. Serve Spareribs and Sauerkraut with butter and rye bread.
Calories 708 Calories from Fat 489
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.7%
Saturated Fat 20.3 g101.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 176 mg58.7%
Sodium 1070 mg44.6%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.4%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 40 g80.4%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 27.7%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet