|Mixed herbs||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Smoked bacon||4 Ounce|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Season the partridges well with salt and lemon juice; rub with hands to ensure it is well seasoned.
3. Using a knife, chop the partridge-'s heart and liver.
4. In a bowl, toss the meat with butter, lemon juice and herbs.
5. Using this meat mixture to stuff the bird.
6. Into a soaked RomertopF, place the stuffed bird and sprinkle more herbs on top.
7. Top with slices of bacon.
8. Cover the pot and cook for about 1 1/2 hours; frequently add little wine in between cooking.
9. Remove the bird from pot and grill for 15 minutes until it is brown.
10. Carve Romertopf Partridge and serve with rice or salad.
Calories 1669 Calories from Fat 812
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g139.5%
Saturated Fat 30.2 g150.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 614.3 mg204.8%
Sodium 685.5 mg28.6%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.97 g3.9%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 187 g373.9%
Vitamin A 36.8% Vitamin C 82.2%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 53.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet