|Mixed herbs||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Smoked bacon||4 Ounce|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Season the partridges well with salt and lemon juice; rub with hands to ensure it is well seasoned.
3. Using a knife, chop the partridge-'s heart and liver.
4. In a bowl, toss the meat with butter, lemon juice and herbs.
5. Using this meat mixture to stuff the bird.
6. Into a soaked RomertopF, place the stuffed bird and sprinkle more herbs on top.
7. Top with slices of bacon.
8. Cover the pot and cook for about 1 1/2 hours; frequently add little wine in between cooking.
9. Remove the bird from pot and grill for 15 minutes until it is brown.
10. Carve Romertopf Partridge and serve with rice or salad.