German Drop Doughnuts
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Applesauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Deep fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1) Combine and sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
2) In a bowl, add the egg and beat well.
3) Add in the applesauce and milk.
4) Add the egg mix to the dry ingredients and mix well.
5) Stir in the shortening.
6) In a skillet, add deep fat and heat.
7) Drop the batter from the teaspoon into the fat.
8) Fry till golden brown, turning once.
9) Remove to paper towels and drain.
10) Serve topped with whipped cream.