Tyrolean Red Cabbage
|Red cabbage||1 Pound, thick stem removed, finely shredded|
|Cooking apple||6 Ounce, cored and grated|
|Seedless raisins||1 Ounce|
|Water||1⁄4 Pint, salted|
|Redcurrant jelly||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon, freshly squeezed|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Raw cane sugar||3 Tablespoon|
1) In a large casserole, add the cabbage, apple, raisins, salted water, redcurrant jelly, lemon juice and pepper in this order.
2) On high power, cook covered for 15 minutes, or until the cabbage is just tender, stirring in between.
3) Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
4) Then, add sugar to taste.
5) Serve the Tyrolean Red Cabbage as a side dish with roasted meat or any other dish of your choice..
Calories 159 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.3 g0.46%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.21%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 32 mg1.3%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15%
Sugars 33.8 g
Protein 2 g4%
Vitamin A 25.8% Vitamin C 114.2%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet