Stewed Ox Tail
|Oxtail||1 , jointed|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Bouquet garni||1 (As required)|
|Lemon rind||1 (As desired)|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Pint|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2) Presoak the Romertopf (clay pot).
3) In a saucepan, put the vinegar along with the seasonings.
4) Bring the mix to a boil quickly.
5) In this mixture, marinate the ox-tail overnight.
6) In the soaked Romertopf, place the ox-tail with a cup of the marinade.
7) Then, in a pan, melt the dripping.
8) To this, add the flour and heat until yellow.
9) To this, add the stock and stir well until thick.
10) Into the pot, pour this mixture along with the bouquet garni.
11) In the hot oven, cook covered for 3 to 4 hours.
12) Serve the Stewed Ox Tail along with boiled potatoes and a green salad. You can also serve this with boiled noodles with a little melted butter.
You can add a few chopped mushrooms in this recipe for a unique taste.