Romertopf Aubergine Casserole
|Grated cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Thinly slice the aubergine.
2) Slice the tomatoes.
3) Soak the Romertopf.
4) Heat the oven to 400 F-Gas mark 6.
5) In the Romertopf, place sloced aubergines and cover with tomatoes.
6) Season with salt and pepper,
7) Cover the cassrole and cook in a hot oven for about an hour.
8) Then remove from the oven and sprinkle grated cheese over the veggies.
9) Scatter small pieces of butter on top.
10) Return to oven without the lid and cook for further 10 to 15 minutes and allow the top to brown.
11) Serve the abubergine casserole with green salad and boiled potatoes.