|Hare||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Red wine||1 Pint|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
1. Over the hare, sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
2. Lard the hare or buy a larded hare to save time.
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. In a soaked Romertopf, put the hare along with the chopped vegetables.
5. Pour the red wine in the Romertopf; cover and cook for 1 1/2 hours.
6. Drain the hare and the vegetables.
7. In a bowl, stir cooked vegetables and the hare in lemon juice and sour cream.
8. Serve Romertopf Hare with red cabbage, cranberry sauce and boiled potatoes.