Knockwurst and Sauerkraut
|Canned sauerkraut||2 Pound (1 Packet, 2 Cans)|
|Knockwurst||1 Pound (8 Links/ 2 Packets)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Caraway seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry white wine||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a colander, place Sauerkraut and clean with cold water. Drain off excess water.
2. In a large sauce pan, keep 2 quarts water to boil.
3. Once boiled, add Knockwurst and cover.
4. Remove from flame and allow this to stand for 5 to 8 minutes.
5. Drain and keep aside.
6. In a large skillet, add butter.
7. Once melted, add onions till they turn golden brown in colour.
8. Add Sauerkraut, water, wine and caraway seeds and mix well.
9. Arrange Knockwurst links on Sauerkraut and cover and cook on a medium flame for 30 minutes.
10. Serve immediately on its own or can also be served on a bed of mashed potatoes.