|Green peppers||1 1⁄2 Pound (About 4 In Number)|
|Yellow onions||2 Pound (4 Large Ones)|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Sweet red peppers||7 1⁄2 Ounce, roasted, cut into strips (1 Jar)|
|Canned sauerkraut||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Prepared barbecue sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs), heated|
|Hero rolls||10 , heated (6 Inch Long)|
|Crushed red pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1) Halve the pepper, discard ribs and seeds.
2) Cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch strips.
3) Peel onions and cut into 1/4 inch-thick slices.
4) In a large skillet heat oil.
5) Add green pepper and onion and cook and stir over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
6) Add red pepper and sauerkraut.
7) Cool, cover and refrigerate.
8) Reheat pepper-and-onion relish 15 minutes before serving time.
9) Make 4 or 5 diagonal slashes, 1/2 inch deep, in each knockwurst.
10) Broil knockwursts, brush with barbecue sauce, 4 to 6 inches from heat, and brown turning it for 10 minutes.
11) Split the rolls.
12) Put knockwurst in each roll.
13) Put pepper-and-onion relish and barbecue sauce.
14) Season with crushed red pepper.
15) Serve immediately.