German Sausage Chowder
|Smoked bratwurst/Knackwurst links||1 Pound, fully cooked, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (8 links)|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, peeled and chopped for 2 cups|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped for 1/2 cup|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cabbage head||1 Small, shredded for 4 cups|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Swiss cheese||4 Ounce, shredded (1 cup)|
|Parsley||2 , snipped (for garnishing)|
1. In a saucepan combine water, sausage, potatoes, onion, salt, and pepper; bring it to boil.
2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or till potatoes are nearly tender.
3. Add the cabbage and cook for about 10 minutes or till vegetables are tender.
4. Stir in 2 1/2 cups of the milk.
5. Blend the remaining 1/2 cup milk and flour into the soup; stirring continuously to mix well
6. Stir in cheese and cook till mixture is thick and bubbly and cheese is well melted.
7. Arrange the stew into individual bowl and serve hot with toasted garlic bread.
8. Garnish with parsley.