|Whole green onions||7 , minced|
|Bacon fat/Pork fat||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Uncooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sauerkraut||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs), drained|
|Luncheon meat||1 Can (10 oz), sliced|
|Sour cream sauce mix||1 2⁄3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley/Fresh dill||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2) In skillet, heat the fat and sautÃ© onions until tender, add parsley, rice, salt and pepper.
3) SautÃ© for 10 minutes more, stirring constantly.
4) Set aside.
5) In a bowl, mix sour-cream sauce mix, milk and tomato juice, and mix well.
6) In the skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
7) Drain off fat and crumble bacon.
8) Add bacon and green pepper to rice mixture.
9) Combine well.
10) Arrange half of sauerkraut in the baking dish.
11) Cover with half of rice-bacon mixture.
12) Arrange half of meat slices over previous layer.
13) Repeat layers of sauerkraut and rice-bacon mixture.
14) Pour the tomato juice mixture over the sauerkraut mixture.
15) Arrange remaining meat slices on top.
16) Sprinkle with chopped dill.
17) Bake, covered, oven for about 1 hour.
18) Serve hot on a flat serving dish.