German Gourmet Mixed Salad
|Frozen artichoke hearts||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|French dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Mild Variety, Made With Fresh Lemon Juice Instead Of Vinegar From Brands Such As Annie- Naturals And Wish Bone Deluxe)|
|Raw mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Madeira||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Watercress leaves/Shredded romaine leaves||6 , shredded|
|Thin tomato wedges||8|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), thinned with lemon juice|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1. To prepare artichoke hearts cook them in white wine and water until tender, drain and cut into 1/2 inch slices
2. In a bowl add French Dressing and marinate together the cut artichoke hearts, sliced mushrooms and vegetables for 30 minutes.
3. To prepare the truffles peel them and simmer covered in Madeira for 5 minutes.
4. Cool truffles in Madeira and reserving 1 truffle slice others fine.
5. Draining the vegetables combine carefully with truffles and discard marinade and Madeira.
6. Add salt and pepper.
7. Line a salad bowl with greens and pile vegetables in middle to form a dome.
8. Out of the remaining truffles make rounds and use to decorate salad.
9. Arrange tomato wedges around outside edge.
10. Serve mayonnaise separately.
Calories 294 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.6%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.1 mg4.4%
Sodium 356.4 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 9.5% Vitamin C 19.2%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet