Parmesan Bavarian Cream
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||4 , beaten|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), whipped|
1) In a saucepan placed over moderate heat, put 1 cup of the milk.
2) When the milk is just about the boil, pour it over the egg yolks and stir well.
3) Put the mixture back in the pan and place it over low heat. Gently stir without boiling till the mixture is thick enough to coat the spoon.
4) Take the custard off the heat and let it cool for a bit, stirring from time to time in order to prevent a skin from forming on the surface.
5) In the remaining milk, soften the geltin and heat the mixture, constantly stirring.
6) Add the gelatin mixture to the custard and stir well so that the gelatin is completely dissolved.
7) Add the cheese and put the mixture aside so that it can cool completely.
8) Once the mixture has cooled down, fold in the whipped cream.
9) Into a serving dish or a 1-quart mold, pour the mixture.
10) Put the dish or mold in the refrigerator for a minimum of 60 minutes, or till the cream has set.
11) Unmold on a serving platter and serve chilled or allow the cream to stand for some time and serve at room temperature. Makes a good side dish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 787 Calories from Fat 565
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g97.9%
Saturated Fat 34.8 g174.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 905.6 mg301.9%
Sodium 658.9 mg27.5%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 15.6 g
Protein 37 g73.1%
Vitamin A 49.3% Vitamin C 0.8%
Calcium 79.7% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet