Red Cabbage Risotto
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Easy cook rice||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Chicken stock cube||1|
|Boiling water||1 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Streaky bacon||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Green pepper||1 Large|
|Red cabbage||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Caraway seeds/Celery seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Peel and thinly slice the onion.
2. Heat the butter in a pan together with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the rice and cook, stirring continuously, until browned. Stir in the onion.
3. Add the stock cube and water, stir until dissolved, then cover and simmer gently until all the liquid has been absorbed. Remove pan from the heat.
4. Meanwhile, remove the rind from the bacon and chop. Shred the green pepper and cabbage.
5. Heat the remaining oil in a pan, add the caraway seeds and garlic. Cook for a few minutes.
6. Add the bacon and green pepper, then cook until the bacon is cooked and the green pepper just soft.
7. Add the cabbage and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the cabbage is slightly softened.
8. Finally, stir in the sliced mushrooms and cooked rice. Cook for a few minutes, season with pepper and serve immediately.