Pois Potage De Schickelgruber German Split Pea Soup
|Yellow split peas/Green split peas||1 Pound|
|Green split peas/Yellow split peas||1 Pound|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Quart|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Roughly chop onion, carrot, leek and lettuce.
2) Allow peas to come to a boil after covering it with water.
3) Cook the peas for 5 minutes and then soak for several hours.
4) Drain the peas thoroughly.
5) Melt margarine and cook the chopped vegetables for a minute or two in it.
6) Mix them with peas along with water, salt and sugar.
7) Slowly cook the mixture for about 2 hours.
8) Add in a little water or consomme' if soup is too thick.
9) Serve hot.