Hot German Bean Salad
|Red onion||1⁄2 Small|
|Nonstick spray coating||1|
|Celery stalk||1 , sliced|
|Celery||1 , sliced|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Instant beef bouillon granules||1 Teaspoon|
|Celery seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned black beans||15 Ounce, drained, rinsed (1 Can)|
|Canned black beans||15 Ounce, rinsed and drained (1 Can)|
|Canned red kidney beans||8 Ounce, drained, rinsed (1 Can)|
|Canned red kidney beans||8 Ounce, rinsed and drained (1 Can)|
|Chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, chopped|
1. Prepare carrot and onion by chopping them.
2. Take a cold large skillet and spray with nonstick coating.
3. Heat skillet over medium heat, stir-fry chopped carrot, chopped onion and sliced celery for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
4. In a small bowl stir together 1/2 cup water, the vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, beef bouillon granules and celery seed and add to the skillet.
5. Place skillet at medium-high heat and cook stirring for 1 to 2 minutes until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
6. Further stir in black beans, kidney beans and cooked chicken and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more until heated through, stirring occasionally.
7. Remove to a serving platter, garnish with freshly sliced onion rings and serve warm or cold.
Calories 435 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.5%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.9 mg15.6%
Sodium 1416.4 mg59%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 15.9 g63.7%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 31 g62.8%
Vitamin A 54.1% Vitamin C 5.2%
Calcium 32.3% Iron 22.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet