German Apple Sausage Pancake
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Apple||1⁄4 Pound, cored, pared, and thinly sliced|
|Brown and serve sausage links||2 Ounce, cooked and cut lengthwise into halves (2 Pieces, 1 Ounce Each)|
|Apple pie spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 375Â° F.
2) Use a medium mixing bowl to add flour, 1 teaspoon sugar, and baking soda. Combine well and set aside.
3) In another small mixing bowl, add buttermilk and egg yolks to beat together. Place the bowl aside.
4) Use a separate small mixing bowl, to beat egg whites with the help of electric mixer at high speed, until the eggs turn foamy. Add cream of tartar to the eggs and continue beating until whites are stiff but not dry.
5) Pour in the buttermilk mixture into dry ingredients. Stir well to make a smooth mixture and add to beaten egg whites.
6) Use a 9-inch pie plate to spray with nonstick cooking spray.
7) Pour in batter into the plate and spread evenly over bottom.
8) Arrange the apple slices and sausage halves in nice pattern over batter.
9) Use a cup or small bowl to mix remaining teaspoon sugar and apple pie spice. Sprinkle the mixture over pancake.
10) Place inside oven to bake for 15-20 minutes, until the pancake turns light brown a cake tester, inserted in center, comes out clean.
11) Serve the pancake hot with your choice of sauce.