Fresh Peach Kuchen
|Boiling water||200 Milliliter|
|Ripe peaches||2 Pound, sliced (Peeled, About 6)|
|Frozen sliced peaches||21 Ounce|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon peel||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Regular margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Sweetened whipped cream/Soft vanilla ice cream||2 Tablespoon, sweetened|
1. Prepare boiling water and pour over peaches in large bowl to cover. Let this stand 1 minute to loosen skins. Then drain the peaches and plunge into cold water for a few seconds to prevent softening of fruit. With paring knife, pare peaches; place in large bowl. Sprinkle peaches with lemon juice to prevent darkening. Slice and toss with lemon juice to prevent darkening
2. Preheat oven to 400F.
3. Butter a 9-inch springform pan, or a 9-inch round layer-cake pan.
4. On to a cool surface, sift flour with the sugar, baking powder, and salt.
5. In large mixing bowl, using fork, beat eggs with milk and lemon peel.
6. Add flour mixture and melted butter, mixing with fork until smooth. This will take 1 minute. Turn batter into pan; spread evenly over bottom.
7. Combine sugar and cinnamon; mix well.
8. Drain peach slices; arrange on batter, around edge of pan; fill in center with 5 peach slices. Sprinkle evenly with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Bake 25 minutes. Remove kuchen from oven.
9. With a fork, beat egg yolk with cream. Pour over peaches. Bake 10 minutes longer. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack.
10. Remove from pan and serve kuchen warm, cut into wedges, with sweetened whipped cream or soft vanilla ice cream.