Porterhouse Steaks with Peter Luger's German Style Hash Brown Potatoes
|For the steak|
|Porterhouse steak||64 Ounce (4 In Number, 16 Ounce Each)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|For the hash brown potatoes|
|Idaho potatoes||5 Large|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Onions||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Pepper white||To Taste|
|Freshly ground white pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and heat the grill for the steaks.
2) Peel the potatoes and slice them into 1/2-inch strips. Keep in a bowl of cold water for sometime to avoid browning.
3) Take them out of water, drain and pat dry.
4) In a skillet, pour oil upto 3/4 inch and heat. When the oil is almost boiling, add in the potato strips in batches and fry them for about 10 to 12 minutes for each batch.
5) With a strainer, remove the fried potatoes and place them on a paper towel. Allow to cool.
6) Dice the potato slices into 1/4 inch pieces.
7) In another skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and saute onions, paprika and salt for 6 to 8 minutes over medium flame.
8) In a large ovenproof pan, melt butter and add the potatoes and onion mixture. Saute them together on medium-high till they brown well. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast for about 15 minutes until crisp.
9) Season the steaks with salt and pepper and grill for 6 to 8 minutes on either side.
10) Serve the steaks hot alongwith crisp hash brown potatoes.