German Style Stuffed Meat Loaf
|Beef/Veal||7 Ounce, ground|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Rye bread slice||1 , toasted and made into crumbs|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Pickle relish||2 Tablespoon|
|Reduced calorie thousand island dressing||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Sauerkraut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained and chopped|
|Swiss cheese||2 Ounce, shredded, divided|
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a 1-quart bowl, add all the ingredients except sauerkraut and cheese, mix thoroughly.
3) On a sheet of wax paper spread the mixture to form a 6 x 8-inch rectangle.
4) Spread sauerkraut over the rectangle, leaving 1-inch border on all sides and sprinkle the sauerkraut with 1/2 the cheese.
5) Roll up the meat in a jelly-roll fashion, starting from short end and press to seal the open ends.
6) In roasting pan, place the roll and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
7) Sprinkle the loaf with rest of the cheese and bake for another 2 to 3 minutes until the cheese is melted.
8) Slice and serve immediately on individual serving plates.