|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Almonds||1 Pound, ground (500 Gram)|
|Candied oranges||125 Gram, finely chopped (1/4 Candied Orange)|
|Lemon peel||125 Gram, finely chopped (1/4 Lemon Peel)|
|Nutmeg||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Confectioner sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting the temperature to 350Â°F (180Â°C).
2) Take a bowl and add the eggs, sugar and grated lemon rind together, beating them thoroughly with the aid of an electric mixer for 15 minutes.
3) Add the peel, ground almond, peels, cloves and cinnamon to the bowl.
4) Mix thoroughly with your hand until the dough becomes stiff.
5) Take a cookie sheet and butter it.
6) Drop the mixture on sheet by spoonfuls keeping each at a distance of 2 inches (5 cm) from each other.
7) Place in a pre-heated oven and bake for 10 minutes until it turns a pale golden in color.
8) Take another bowl and add the lemon juice to sugar, blending it well.
9) Spread the icing on the cooled cookies and serve.