Hot German Potato Salad
|Vegetable bouillon cubes||2|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs), boiling|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||5 Tablespoon|
|Chives||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Radishes||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) Cook the potatoes for 20-25 minutes until just done, drain, then allow to cool and peel.
2) In a large bowl, cut and place the 1/4-inch thick sliced potatoes.
3) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the apples until chopped medium-fine.
4) In a skillet, saute the onions in the oil over a medium-high heat, until soft and lightly browned.
5) Stir the onions and excess oil gently into the potatoes to mix.
6) Stir the bouillon cubes in boiling water until dissolved, then stir in mustard, sugar, vinegar and pepper, then pour over the potatoes.
7) Stir in the mayonnaise, mix well with a wooden spoon and sprinkle with salt and additional pepper.
8) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the chives until finely minced and add to the potatoes.
9) In a food processor bowl with a slicing disc, process the radishes until sliced and add to the salad.
10) Garnish with the parsley and serve hot.
Calories 105 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.2%
Saturated Fat 0.91 g4.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.3 mg0.4%
Sodium 375.3 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 1 g2.3%
Vitamin A 14.1% Vitamin C 25.7%
Calcium 3% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet