Hearty Bavarian Casserole
|Cabbage||3 Cup (48 tbs), coarsely shredded|
|Apple||1 Medium, chopped|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Caraway seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Condensed cream of onion soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Fully cooked polish sausage||1 Pound, cut into 1 inch pieces|
1. In a large (3- quart) microwave casserole or dish, combine first 4 ingredients.
2. Pour in Â½ can of soup and stir to mix
3. Cover dish with plastic wrap and pierce in 2-3 place with knife to allow steam to escape.
4. Microwave at HIGH for 7 to 8 minutes until cabbage is limp
5. Layer the sausage pieces on top over the mixture.
6. Pour remaining soup over the ingredients
7. Re- cover dish.
8. Return to the microwave and cook for another 5 minutes or until sausage is hot.
9. Let the dish stand covered for 5 minutes
10. Serve straight from the casserole
Calories 515 Calories from Fat 331
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.6%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69.1 mg23%
Sodium 1540.7 mg64.2%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 26.5 g
Protein 19 g37.4%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 36.5%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet