Hearty Bavarian Casserole
|Cabbage||3 Cup (48 tbs), coarsely shredded|
|Apple||1 Medium, chopped|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Caraway seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Condensed cream of onion soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Fully cooked polish sausage||1 Pound, cut into 1 inch pieces|
1. In a large (3- quart) microwave casserole or dish, combine first 4 ingredients.
2. Pour in Â½ can of soup and stir to mix
3. Cover dish with plastic wrap and pierce in 2-3 place with knife to allow steam to escape.
4. Microwave at HIGH for 7 to 8 minutes until cabbage is limp
5. Layer the sausage pieces on top over the mixture.
6. Pour remaining soup over the ingredients
7. Re- cover dish.
8. Return to the microwave and cook for another 5 minutes or until sausage is hot.
9. Let the dish stand covered for 5 minutes
10. Serve straight from the casserole