|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dark brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1 Dash|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
To Make Cookie Dough:
3. Sift flour with cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, pepper, cardamom and baking soda and set aside.
4. In large bowl, with electric beater at high speed, beat 2 eggs and the brown sugar until light for about 5 minutes.
5. At low speed, beat in flour mixture and nuts until well combined to get a sticky dough.
6. With wet hands, pinch off dough by tablespoonfuls and roll into 1-inch balls.
7. Place on prepared cookie sheets, bake 12 to 15 minutes and remove to wire rack to cool.
To make Glaze:
8. In a large saucepan, combine sugar, cream of tartar and 1 cup water.
9. Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
10. Boil, without stirring for about 5 minutes until mixture forms a 2-inch thread when dropped from a spoon or to 235F on candy thermometer.
11. In medium bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form when beater is raised.
12. Pour syrup in continuous stream into egg whites, beating constantly until mixture thickens slightly.
13. Drop cookies, a few at a time, into glaze with fork, turn to coat completely.
14. Lift out and place on wire rack to dry.
15. Store in tightly covered container about 1 week to mellow.
16. Serve with beverages or drinks as desired.