Sausage Sauerkraut Supper
|Carrots||4 Cup (64 tbs), cubed|
|Cubed carrots||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Red potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs), cubed|
|Cubed red potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Canned sauerkraut||28 Ounce, drained, rinsed (Two 14 Ounce Cans)|
|Polish sausage||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 3 inch pieces|
|Sausage||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Dry white wine/Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a slow cooker, arrange potatoes, carrots, and sauerkraut in layers.
2) In a skillet, brown sausage and transfer to the cooker.
3) Reserve the pan drippings and saute onion and garlic in it.
4) Drizzle wine, let it boil, and the sprinkle pepper and caraway seeds.
5) Pour the sauce over the sausage, cover, and let it cook on slow for 8-9 hours.
6) Check seasoning and serve.