Sausage Sauerkraut Supper
|Carrots||4 Cup (64 tbs), cubed|
|Cubed carrots||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Red potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs), cubed|
|Cubed red potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Canned sauerkraut||28 Ounce, drained, rinsed (Two 14 Ounce Cans)|
|Polish sausage||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 3 inch pieces|
|Sausage||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Dry white wine/Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a slow cooker, arrange potatoes, carrots, and sauerkraut in layers.
2) In a skillet, brown sausage and transfer to the cooker.
3) Reserve the pan drippings and saute onion and garlic in it.
4) Drizzle wine, let it boil, and the sprinkle pepper and caraway seeds.
5) Pour the sauce over the sausage, cover, and let it cook on slow for 8-9 hours.
6) Check seasoning and serve.
Calories 1160 Calories from Fat 712
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g121.6%
Saturated Fat 27.2 g136.1%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 201.3 mg67.1%
Sodium 2927.3 mg122%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.8 g43.1%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 48 g95.7%
Vitamin A 590.6% Vitamin C 100.8%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 39.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet