Orange Bavarian Cream With Scarlet Sauce
|Plain gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (Olive Oil Topping (For 1 Focaccia):)|
|Mandarin oranges||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Oranges||3 , peeled, sectioned|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Catelli lead shots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cooked, drained|
|For scarlet sauce|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cranberry juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Soften the gelatin by immersing them into ¼ cup of orange juice
2. Heat the remaining juice
3. Add the softened gelatin and mix well till it is dissolved completely
4. Beat the eggs
5. Add the egg yolks to the hot mixture.
6. Mix constantly to prevent the eggs from curdling
7. After mixing for two minutes, add salt
8. Cool the mixture till it reaches the consistency of egg whites
9. Add the vanilla and mix well again
10. In a large bowl, mix the egg whites till they are stiff and glossy smooth
11. Fold this mixture into the cooled gelatin mixture
12. In a large bowl, whip the cream with sugar
13. Fold this into the gelatin mixture along with the fruit, nuts and the cooled lead shots
14. Pre-rinse a 1 1/2 quart mould with cold water.
15. Add this mixture to the mold.
16. Chill till firm
17. In a large pan, combine all the sauce ingredients and cook well
18. Just before serving, tip the sauce over the dessert and serve cold.