Creamy German Chocolate Cake
|Sweet cooking chocolate||4 Ounce|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. In 2 (8-inch X 1/4-inch) baking dishes, line bottom with two layers of wax paper.
2. In a 2 cup measure, mix chocolate with water.
3. Cook on High with constant stirring for about 2 minutes.
4. Stir butter at room temperature to make it creamy.
5. Add sugar in small quantities and cream until the mixture is light.
6. Add one egg at a time and beat well after adding each one.
7. Add vanilla and mix.
8. Add chocolate and mix.
9. Take all the dry ingredients together and sift.
10. Add dry ingredient mixture and buttermilk alternately to the creamed mixture; beat after each addition.
11. Divide the batter equally between the baking dishes and spread evenly.
12. Let it stand for 15 minutes before baking.
13. Cook, one cake at a time, on Medium for 7 minutes.
14. Brown for 3 to 4 minutes.
15. Cool for 5 minutes.
16. Turn out on cooling rack.
17. Cut and serve hot.