Hot German Potato Salad
|Bacon||1⁄2 Pound, diced|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1) In a pan, cook the potatoes in boiling water for 30 minutes or until tender, then allow to cool.
2) In a serving bowl, peel, slice and place the potatoes.
3) In a large skillet, fry the bacon until crisp, then drain on paper towels.
4) Crumble the bacon and add to the potatoes.
5) Drain and reserve 1 tablespoon bacon drippings in the skillet.
6) Stir in the flour, then gradually add the vinegar and water, stirring continuously, until smooth.
7) Stir in the sugar, onion and celery and cook until the sauce is slightly thick and thoroughly heated.
8) Pour hot sauce over the potatoes and bacon, then toss gently to coat.
9) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.