German Potato And Egg Salad
|Potatoes||2 Pound (5 Medium Sized Ones)|
|Hard cooked eggs||8 , shelled, coarsely chopped|
|Swiss cheese||4 Ounce, cubed (1 Cup)|
|Ham/Use any leftover cold cut||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (1 Medium Sized One)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Pimiento||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2) In a large saucepan with the boiling salted water, cook the potatoes for 30 minutes or until tender.
3) Drain well, allow to cool, then peel and dice the potatoes.
4) In a 10-cup baking dish, place the potatoes alongwith the eggs and Swiss cheese.
5) In a medium skillet, cook the ham or other leftover meat in the oil, until brown, remove and keep aside.
6) In the same skillet, saute the onion until soft. Then stir in the flour, sugar, salt and dry mustard, stir continuously and cook until bubbly.
7) Stir in the water and vinegar, then stir and cook further until the dressing is thick and bubbles for 1 minute.
8) Stir in the green pepper and pimiento, then cook for another 1 minute.
9) Pour over the potato and egg mixture, toss lightly to mix and sprinkle with the ham.
10) Serve warm or bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
11) Serve from the baking dish or spoon on individual serving plates.