German Potato Salad
|Potatoes||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a pot, with salted boiling water, cook the potatoes for35 to 40 minutes or until fork-tender.
2) Peel the warm potatoes and slice.
3) In a bowl, mix together potatoes and onion, set aside.
4) In a non-stick, cook the bacon; remove from heat.
5) Take out the bacon using slotted spoon, and set aside.
6) Drain off the fat; reserving 1/4 cup of fat in the pan.
7) In the same pan, stir in the flour into fat.
8) Add in the sugar, butter, salt, pepper, vinegar, 1 cup water.
9) Bring the flour mixture to boil, stirring continuously.
10) Take the pan off the heat; add in the sour cream.
11) Gently fold in the potatoes, onion, half of bacon; until well mixed.
12) Dredge with rest of bacon, parsley.
13) Serve the German Potato Salad warm.