Bavarian Baked Potato Salad
|Potatoes||2 Pound (5 Medium Size)|
|Frankfurters||1 Pound (1 Inch Pieces)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped pimiento||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Processed american cheese||8 Ounce, sliced (1 Package)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a large saucepan, cook the potatoes in the boiling salted water for 30 minutes, or until tender. Then drain, allow to cool.
3) In a medium bowl, peel, dice and place the potatoes.
4) In a medium skillet, sear the frankfurters in the oil until brown, then remove into the bowl with the potatoes.
5) In the same skillet, saute the onion until soft.
6) Then stir in the flour, sugar, salt, mustard and pepper, stir constantly and cook until bubbly.
7) Stir in the water and vinegar, stir continuously and cook further until the dressing is thick and bubbles for 1 minute.
8) Stir in the celery, green pepper and pimiento, then cook for another 1 minute.
9) Pour over the potatoes and frankfurters, mix well.
10) In a 8-cup baking dish, spoon 1/2 the potato mixture, then place a layer of 4 cheese slices and spoon rest of the potato mixture into the dish.
11) Slice rest of the cheese slices into triangles and place on top.
12) Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
13) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 577 Calories from Fat 321
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.2%
Saturated Fat 15.2 g76%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 128.6 mg42.9%
Sodium 1662.7 mg69.3%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.2%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 20 g40.6%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 83.9%
Calcium 24% Iron 25.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet