German Meat Loaf With Sauerkraut Potatoes
|Finely chopped onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Herbs||1 Teaspoon (Your Preference, E.G., Garlic And Oregano)|
|Beef broth/Chicken / vegetable broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lean ground beef/Lean ground turkey||2 Pound|
|Fresh bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whole mini dill pickles||5|
|Midget dill pickles||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use Whole Small Ones)|
|Mashed potatoes with sauerkraut and apple||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mashed potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sauerkraut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350 degrees.
2) In a mixing bowl mix onion, salt, pepper, herbs and eggs.
3) Add broth and mix well.
4) Add meat and bread crumbs to the egg mixture. Mix thoroughly.
5) Place half mixture in the bottom of a 9" by 5" by 3" bread pan.
6) Arrange whole dill pickles at the center of the meat.
7) Place remaining meat mixture on top of pickles and even.
8) Bake for 1 hour.
9) Remove and pour off excess fat.
10) Let the meat loaf stand before slicing.
11) Let each slice have a green "eye" or pickle.
12) Serve warm.