Hot German Beer Soup Heisse Biersuppe
|Beer||36 Ounce (3 Cans Or Bottles)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rye bread slices||4 Large|
|Shredded muenster cheese/Brick cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a large, heavy bottomed saucepan, combine beer and sugar
2. Heat over low flame, stirring until sugar dissolves and without boiling.
3. In a bowl, blend together the egg yolks, sour cream, flour, cinnamon, and seasoning, beating until smooth.
4. Pour a little of the hot beer into the egg mixture and blend.
5. Gradually stir egg mixture into the hot beer in the saucepan and cook, stirring continuously until the soup has thickened.
6. Use a cookie cutter or base of beer can to cut out rye bread circles.
7. Sprinkle with cheese and place breads under a broiler for 3-4 minutes until it melts.
8. Ladle the hot beer soup into warmed soup bowls and float a cheesy rye crouton on top.
9. Serve immediately.