Pollock Fillets With Sauerkraut
|Pollock fillets||2 Pound|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned sauerkraut||27 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Caraway seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Melted fat/Cooking oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Corn flakes||2 Tablespoon, finely crushed|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Thaw frozen fish before cutting.
3. Cut fish into 6 pieces and keep in the refrigerator.
4. In 8X12 baking dish, arrange the steaks in a single layer.
5. Season the steaks with salt and roll over flour to coat all sides.
6. In a mixing bowl, prepare a mixture of cheese and corn flake crumbs.
7. In a skillet, cook onion and garlic in butter or margarine until onions are soft.
8. Add sauerkraut, wine, water, and caraway seeds to the skillet.
9. Cover the skillet with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
10. After 30 minutes of cooking, pour sour cream and transfer the content into an 8x12 baking dish.
11. In another skillet, place flour coated fish in a single layer and lightly brown them over medium heat.
12. After browning the fish place them over the sauerkraut in a single layer.
13. Top the dish with cheese and corn flake crumb mixture.
14. Cover the dish with an aluminium foil and press it over the edges to conceal.
15. Place it in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
16. After 15 minutes remove the aluminium foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes until the fish flakes easily.
17. Serve it alone.