Pineapple Bavarian Pie
|Graham cracker crumbs||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned crushed pineapple||20 Ounce|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1. Mix crumbs and butter; press on bottom of 8-inch square pan and then set aside to chill.
2. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup syrup. Pour reserved syrup into saucepan; add gelatin. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add sugar and salt.
3. Stir over medium heat until gelatin and sugar are dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup milk; chill until slightly congealed. Beat until doubled in bulk.
4. Beat in remaining milk and lemon juice. Fold in pineapple.
5. Pour over chilled crumbs; smooth top. Chill until firm.
6. Decorate with cherries and serve chilled