Peppermint Bavarian Cream
|Unflavored gelatin||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), whipped|
|Peppermint candy||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely crushed|
|Peppermint essence||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red food color||1 Teaspoon|
1. Soften gelatin in cold water.
2. Beat egg yolks, sugar and salt together in top of double boiler; Heat milk and candy almost to a boil, stirring to dissolve candy. Beat hot milk gradually into egg yolk mixture. Heat while stirring, over hot water, until thickened. Do not boil or it will curdle.
3. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cool; stir in peppermint essence and food coloring.
4. Fold in whipped cream gently; pour into 6-cup mold. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
5. Unmold, decorate with candies and then serve with chocolate sauce.