German Hot Potato Salad
|Boiled potatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs), hot, sliced|
|Bacon||8 , diced (Thin)|
|Onion||1 , diced (Walnut Size Onion)|
|Celery||3 Teaspoon, diced|
|Flour||3 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||3 Teaspoon|
|Hard cooked eggs||3|
|Diced green pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a frying pan, add bacon, onion, celery and pepper to cook until ingredients turn light gold.
2) Sprinkle flour and continue frying until golden brown or brown as you like it.
3) Pour in hot water, vinegar and brown sugar and cook slowly for about 5 minutes.
4) Add salt and pepper to taste.
5) Pour the sauce over hot potatoes.
6) Place inside oven to steam at 300 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
7) Add eggs just before serving and toss well or just garnish.
Cold left over potatoes may be used, but be sure to bring the salad to a bubbling boil (when first in the oven) for about 10 minutes then let it steam the required time.