German Meatballs In Cream Sauce
|Lean ground pork||1 Pound|
|Fresh whole wheat bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Ground caraway seed/Fennel seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon, or crushed|
|Vegetable cooking oil spray||1|
|Canned crushed tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Beef stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped capers||1 Tablespoon|
|Low fat sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Take a bowl and mix the ground pork, bread crumbs, onion, egg white, paprika, and fennel seeds or caraway properly.
2. Prepare 24 meatballs of 1 inch size each using the meat mixture. Wet your hand while making the meat.
3. Use vegetable oil or cooking spray on a rack of a baking tray. Place the meatball on the rack and bake for 10 minutes or until browned from all sides. Transfer the meatballs to a plate and keep aside.
4. Take a large nonstick skillet and heat on medium flame. Mix the tomatoes, beef stock, and capers in the skillet and bring it to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened.
5. In a skillet and the meatballs and cover the pan. Cook for 25 minute. Add sour cream and season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve immediately in a serving dish.