Berry Bavarian Crown
|Strawberry gelatin||3 Ounce|
|Frozen strawberries||20 Ounce|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs), whipped|
|Angle food cake||10 Inch|
|Red food color||3 Drop|
|Soft butter||1 Teaspoon|
1. Dissolve gelatin in 1 cup boiling water; add 1/2 cup cold water. Chill until gelatin is partially congealed. Thaw and drain strawberries, reserving 1 cup straw- berry syrup.
2. Whip gelatin until fluffy; fold in straw- berries and whipped cream.
3. Trim crust from cake; tear cake into small pieces. Alternate layers of gelatin mixture and cake pieces in 10-inch tube pan; chill until firm.
4. Blend small amount of reserved straw- berry syrup and cornstarch in saucepan. Add remaining reserved syrup; cook, stirring, until clear and thickened. Remove from heat; stir in food coloring and butter.
5. Unmold dessert; drizzle sauce over top.
6. Serve chilled