Rhubarb Custard Kuchen
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Room Temperature)|
|Rhubarb||4 Cup (64 tbs), diced|
|Sugar||1 1⁄8 Cup (18 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg whites||3 , beaten stiffly|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2. Take a mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, sugar and salt and stir well. Add butter, milk and egg yolk and blend well.
3. Take a 9 by 13 inch baking pan and pat in the dough.
4. Prepare rhubarb-sugar mixture and top the crust.
5. Beat in egg yolks along with 1 tbsp flour in a bowl to blend thoroughly. Beat egg whites and fold into yolk mixture. Fold sour cream, salt and orange peel into egg mixture.
6. Top rhubarb with custard and bake for 45 minutes.
7. Serve chilled or warm.