|White bread slice||3|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground pork||1 Pound|
|Ground veal||1 Pound|
|Mixed spices||1 Teaspoon|
|Stock||4 Cup (64 tbs) (From Meat Balls)|
1. Slice off the crusts of the bread slices.
2. Soak the bread in milk and keep aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground veal and pork.
4. Add egg, soaked bread and seasoning and mix well.
5. Form into small walnut size balls.
6. In a large stock pot, combine water, vinegar and spices.
7. Bring liquid to a boil on medium flame, and then reduce the flame to low.
8. Drop the meat balls into the simmering liquid and cook for 15 minutes.
9. When cooked, remove meat balls using a slotted spoon and keep aside.
10. Measure 3 cups cooking liquid.
11. In a large saucepan, melt the butter.
12. Blend in the flour.
13. Gradually add the cooking liquid, stirring continuously and cook for 10 minutes until thick.
14. Stick in chopped capers.
15. Add the meatballs to the sauce and heat through for about 10 minutes.
16. Serve the meatballs and sauce with potatoes
Calories 372 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g53%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 132.5 mg44.2%
Sodium 381.5 mg15.9%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.54 g2.2%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 26 g51.6%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 0.97%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet