|Cake flour||3 1⁄3 Cup (53.33 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Honey||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Candied orange peel||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), shredded|
|Candied citron||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), shredded|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), blanched and shredded|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F before baking.
2) Sift together dry ingredients except sugar.
3) Combine together honey, sugar and water and bring to a boil.
4) Simmer for 5 minutes and let cool.
5) Add in dry ingredient mixture, egg, fruits and nuts to form dough.
6) Wrap the dough in wax paper after pressing together.
7) Refrigerate for 2 to 3 days to ripen.
8) On the day of baking, place the dough on a lightly floured board, roll it into 1/4 inch thickness and then slice into 3- x 1-inch strips.
9) Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
10) Let cool and apply Glaze.
11) Serve cold or warm.
Calories 1029 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.1%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.9 mg17.6%
Sodium 367.3 mg15.3%
Total Carbohydrates 216 g72.1%
Dietary Fiber 18 g71.9%
Sugars 98.4 g
Protein 23 g46.2%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 43.8%
Calcium 21.1% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet