Coconut Bavarian Pie
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Shredded coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baked pie shell||9 Inch|
1. Soften gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water.
2. Scald milk in double boiler. Combine egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar; stir in milk. Return to double boiler; cook over hot water until custard coats spoon.
3. Stir in gelatin until dissolved; refrigerate until partially congealed. Beat egg whites with salt until soft peaks form; add remaining sugar gradually, beating until stiff. Fold custard mixture into egg white mixture; add whipped cream, vanilla and coconut.
4. Pour into pie shell; refrigerate until set.
5. Serve chilled with fresh fruits