Creme De Menthe Bavarian
|Evaporated milk||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green creme de menthe||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. Freeze 2/3 cup evaporated milk until partially frozen. Combine gelatin, sugar and salt in medium saucepan.
2. Combine eggs, remaining milk and water. Stir into gelatin mixture gradually, blending well.
3. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat.
4. Cool quickly by placing pan in ice water and stirring frequently.
5. Stir in creme de menthe; continue cooling in water until gelatin begins to thicken.
6. Pour icy cold milk into small bowl of electric mixer; add lemon juice. Beat at high speed until milk is stiff and will hold a peak. Fold in gelatin mixture quickly but thoroughly. Turn into lightly oiled 5-cup mold. Chill for about 6 hours until set. Unmold on serving dish.
7. Serve chilled