|Yellow onion||1 Large, peeled and chopped fine|
|Canned sauerkraut||2 Pound, undrained (1 Can)|
|Caraway seeds||3 Tablespoon|
1. In a stock pot or a large skillet, melt the butter over a medium flame.
2. Add the onion and sauté for 5 to 8 minutes until soft and lightly browned.
3. Tip in the sauerkraut and stir.
4. Cover pot with a lid and allow the cabbage to simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Drain of the excess liquid if any.
6. Sprinkle the caraway seeds and stir.
7. Cover again and simmer on a very low flame for 5-7 minutes so that the flavor of the caraway infuses into the cabbage.
8. Serve the sauerkraut hot or cold. It is a wonderful accompaniment to stews and grilled meats.